Associate Concept Artist
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a skilled and passionate Associate Concept Artist to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen!
As a Associate Concept Artist you will be creating new character and creature concepts for our vast Sci-fi universe. You will work with the guidance of senior concept staff to further flesh out the look and world building of Star Citizen. You will also assist other concept artists in completing a full concept asset with direction from the lead and art director.
- Sketch and iterate concepts in collaboration with other concept artists, leads, and art directors
- Develop detailed concept art, back views, and documentation for the character and technical artists to implement into working game assets
- Seek out additional knowledge by interacting with the art and design staff
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
- A keen eye for composition and constructing keyframe illustrations
- Excellent sense of anatomy, form, function, and design
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Knowledge of character tropes, character archetypes, and a variety of fashion
- Passion to learn and develop design/shape languages
- Previous experience creating high quality concepts for AAA games, TV, and Film
- Experience using ZBrush and/or other modeling programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An avid gamer and lover of science fiction
How to Apply
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games.
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.