Hard Surface Artist
CD PROJEKT RED was born out of raw passion for video games. Founded in 2013, the Cracow studio functions as a creatively independent studio working closely with the Warsaw team on its core properties including Cyberpunk 2077.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional and talented Hard Surfaces Artist to join our outstanding team in Cracow. The candidate for this position needs to demonstrate the deep understanding of industry standard 3D modelling techniques as well as show interest in emerging trends in this field. As a Hard surfaces Artist, you will be responsible for modelling incredibly complex futuristic vehicles, weapons and robots designs.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Modelling all kinds of complex futuristic vehicles, weapons and robots.
- Cooperation with rigging artists and animators.
- Sharing knowledge about hard surface modelling among character team members.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Helping concept artists design machines using experience and modelling expertise.
Skills & Requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of professional production experience in the inhouse game industry.
- Strong hard surface modeling skills.
- Deep understanding of mechanical engineering and design.
- Passion for guns and military equipment.
- Expert knowledge of any leading 3D package.
- Outstanding creativity and a very strong commitment to a project.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Independent and able to take ownership.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Artists should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Krakow, Poland.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw for an ongoing recruiting process”.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
About the Company
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private health care.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Ambitious and independent, we made international big leagues with the globally acclaimed The Witcher series. Over 25 million copies sold and more than a 1000 awards garnered later, we still, and more than ever, believe in gamer-centric video game development and building an honest, bilateral connection with gamers. Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen. We started our journey as a bunch of dreamers in 2002; there are over 500 of us now and we’re still growing and looking for people who can help us pack an even bigger punch. We’re headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, and we have offices in Cracow, Wroclaw and Los Angeles. We’re stock exchange listed, but we never allow this to put any brakes on our creative momentum.