Senior Level Artist - Gears of War - The Coalition
As a Senior Level Artist, you will be responsible for working with the Lead Level Artist, Art Director and other team members to push the level to completion at a high-quality bar while maintaining performance metrics. An integral part of the job is to collaborate with designers in order to achieve a balance between block out and art direction. You will be expected to drive issues to resolution and get buy-in from involved parties.
Level Artists are expected to work with the level design and level art teams to break down the level, creating environment proxy assets and breakout sheets. Your proxy assets and breakout sheets will be used to the environment art team to give them a high-level understanding of the environment set component requirements, during this process you will need to collaborate with the environment art team to ensure the environment set assets are being built to proper spec and artistic vision of the level.
- Being point person in a multi-disciplinary pod responsible for delivering levels.
- Placing, replacing, and assembling art assets into the level.
- Working with Lead Level Artist and AD to achieve visual direction for the level.
- Collaborating with Level Designer(s) ensuring level is playable and performant.
- Collaborate with Level Designer(s) when there is a conflict between art and gameplay priorities.
- Working with the Art Leads to create environment set breakout sheets.
- Communicating environment set requirements to environment art team.
- Optimizing content to achieve performance profiles and collaborating with technical artists.
Skills & Requirements
- 2-4+ years of level art experience.
- Understanding of gameplay expectations and how they relate to art.
- Experience with level creation and how different disciplines work together (art/design).
- Previous experience managing and mentoring junior artist
- Excellent work ethic and problem-solving skills, able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Expert in Unreal 4 or UDK.
- Strong understanding of composition, material and lighting fundamentals.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and Z-brush.
- Shader authoring and scripting are a plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply directly to the following link:
About the Company
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.