We're currently looking for an Environment Artist who can set a high bar for quality, consistency and visual aesthetic for environment art in all of Proletariat’s game projects. The ideal candidate is a talented 3D artist who enjoys perfecting environment art that serves the needs of gameplay, real-time performance metrics, and artistic vision. This person has experience creating beautiful environment assets in 3D pipelines, can create work in a variety of styles, understands performance budgets for real time 3D, is a skilled communicator and loves taking ownership on projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete a small art test.
- Collaborate with our Art Director, Game Designers, Software Engineers and Product Managers to design and iterate on in-game environment art
- Works with tools in UE4 (or equivalent) and other 3D authoring software to create game environment assets from rough draft through production quality
- Works with performance in mind to ensure that assets meet performance budgets.
- Work with Project Management to maintain clear and consistent goals
- Work in an organized manner. Can follow data structure and provide feedback.
- Generates and meets time estimates
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience creating and delivering high quality environment art for games
- Experience creating beautiful environmental assets that meet performance budgets using a variety of tools including; Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter and UE4 (or equivalent)
- Experience creating assets in both realistic PBR and more stylized material pipelines
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- Enjoys playing a wide variety of games
- Non-game 3D asset creation experience
- Deep experience with Unreal tools (blueprints, shaders/materials, cascade etc.)
- Illustration/Concept Design experience
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To be considered for this position please apply directly via the following link: https://proletariat.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03oww?source=Art%20Station
About the Company
Proletariat Inc. was founded in 2012 by a group of game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, and Insomniac who were hell-bent on pushing the boundaries of multiplayer games while demanding a level of quality unheard of for a small studio.
Our first major title, World Zombination, debuted in early 2015 as a coveted “Editor’s Choice” on the iOS App Store. On its way to attracting 4+ million players across the world, it went on to be named to Apple’s “Best of 2015” list and developed a reputation for AAA quality and depth to the mobile MMO landscape.
Today, we continue to work toward our studio's mission to deliver groundbreaking multiplayer titles focused on outstanding audience-first experiences. Our next AAA-quality game built on these principles is the currently in-development Spellbreak, a battle royale RPG with epic spellcasting that is now in Closed Alpha.