Level Designer - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
We are now accepting applications for a Level Designer - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d). We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP’s which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
We are looking for an experienced Level Designer (f/m/d) on an unannounced AAA VR project at Ubisoft Düsseldorf. You will be responsible for creating game levels and implementing gameplay situations based on the creative vision. You will drive the game’s vision by building levels and work with others to achieve a consistent flow throughout all levels built for the game.
Furthermore, you are expected to help develop your level design team by coaching less experienced members and share best practices. You will use your experience and technical skills to create 3d spaces, terrain and encounters to craft a living and believable game world.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
Skills & Requirements
- 5 years+ of experience in professional game development
- Ability to create fun and exciting levels using a complex array of mechanics
- Excellent sense of 3D game space and environmental story telling
- Expert knowledge of level design rules and practices
- Familiar with large scale level design production workflows
- Familiar with indoor and outdoor level design
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player
- A passion for creating worlds and a love for games
- Experience with various level editors to create levels in AAA environment
- Portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects
- Experience and passion for VR a strong bonus
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
Please click HERE to apply.
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft is present in 28 countries and has sales in 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers.
We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.