Mid to Senior Character Artist - Stylized PBR
If you love creating characters and creatures and have the experience to prove it, read on!
- Creation of stylized PBR character assets using both traditional and current techniques.
- Utilization of 3DS Max or Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and other related tools to author character assets.
- Setting up characters and associated assets in Unreal. Creating both game ready and animation ready characters and creatures.
- Ensure all characters and creatures are efficient and meet technical requirements.
- Work with art leadership to review, critique and iterate on work
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience, demonstrating the above responsibilities in action.
- Proficiency creating hand-painted textures or stylized PBR materials.
- Exceptional skills at sculpting stylized characters and creatures.
- Familiarity with the usual tools of the trade: modeling tools, game engines, source control, and so on.
- At least one shipped title on PC and consoles.
- A keen willingness to adapt work as design iterates or evolves.
- Must be immediately eligible to work in the United States.
- Willing to work in house at studio.
- Titles shipped using Unreal
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply, send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please note, due to a high volume of applicants we cannot reply to each individually. Only those in consideration for a position will receive a reply. Thank you!
About the Company
Located in thriving Austin, Texas, Airship Syndicate was founded by four industry vets formerly of Vigil Games - the house that Darksiders built. Led by visionary comic artist Joe Madureira, we work with a focused group of talented contributors located both in our studio and around the world. Our first project, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, recently shipped on PC, Switch, Xbox One and PS4.
Our goal is simple: build a lean, fun game studio that creates top quality games for PC and console.