Reporting to: Texture Department Lead.
Primary contacts from CG Department: Texture Department Lead, Lead Texture Artist, CG Supervisor, CG Asset lead, Art Director and Texture Department Coordinator.
Primary contacts from Show production: Production Coordinator.
Skills & Requirements
Summary of the Role:
- Create Photo real and stylised Texture maps for Props, locations and characters while working closely with an Art Director to set the required look.
- Create Efficient/optimal UV layout for texture painting.
- Liaise with Lead Artist for the department’s technical requirements.
- Create the look of show Materials including the creation of bump, spec, displacement and normal maps.
- Create colour/texture keys for Asset development.
- Approve or complete retake notes on CG Asset’s Texturing submissions via Shotgun when required.
- Must have previous experience working as a Texture artist in Animation or VFX.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Texturing in Maya.
- Must have a good knowledge of industry standard 3D paint programs.
- Solid understanding of shading and surfacing of materials using various shaders such as Vray,Arnold etc.
- Must have a good “eye” and a thorough understanding of light, color, contrast, shading, and Texturing design.
- Ability to Work on a broad variety of show styles Creating Photo Real and stylized texture maps as required.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be open to direction.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in texture work.
- Experience in Texturing/Look pipeline development a big plus.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply!
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....