Senior VFX Artist
We are looking for a dynamic and established Senior VFX Artist to join our team at Rare. Do you have a passion for solving difficult challenges, a thirst for innovation and a drive for just making the best games possible?
You would be joining Rare at an incredibly exciting point of development in our 30-year history, working on 2 completely unique projects - Sea of Thieves, our ultimate Pirate adventure and the recently announced Everwild.
Working with the respective Art teams and Engineering disciplines, you will be involved in content creation and work collaboratively on innovative features with Technical Artists and Engineers, whilst always searching for ways we can improve.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and, most importantly, want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
- Create high-quality in-game visual effects that work well with the visual direction of the game whilst staying within frame performance and time constraints.
- Create VFX from concept to completion for different gameplay features and events.
- Work collaboratively with the Art, Design and Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges.
Skills & Requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A professional portfolio or VFX blog.
- Prior experience as a VFX Artist.
- Confident knowledge of content creation packages (Houdini, Maya, After Effects etc.)
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
- Time and team management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent artistic ability.
- Eye for quality control and detail.
- Technical understanding with the capacity to learn and utilise new skills quickly.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent is a plus.
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Rare are part of Xbox Game Studios, Microsoft.
About the Company
Rare is a one-of-a-kind game studio where we create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are uniquely Rare!
Join us at one of our most exciting stages of development with 2 extraordinary projects in the works at Rare! Launched in 2018, on-going development of the ultimate pirate adventure game Sea of Thieves, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide as well as the captivating and beautiful new IP, Everwild, announced to a global audience in 2019.
Our other games include Rare Replay, a compilation of 30+ games from our rich history including Banjo Kazooie, Battletoads, Viva Pinata and many more! As a studio with a lot of ideas, we are always striving to build games players will adore and return to time and time again.
Set in the heart of the English countryside at our custom-built facility in Twycross, UK, we employ around 150+ game developers working together.
As an Artist at Rare, you can expect to work alongside some of the most creative and knowledgable people in the industry. Our artists are what make Rare's games so recognisable with an iconic style and characters cherished by players worldwide. Why not join us and make your mark on one of the world's most loved studios?