AAA Environment Artist- 18 month contract
IFG is on the search for a Environment Artist with experience managing External Partners to support a client; a global IT giant in their gaming division.
In this position, you will work with a team of highly experienced artists to model and texture environments from supplied concept art. You will also be expected to partner with the Lead to help re-enforce our quality bar and guide external teams of Artists to bring the Lead’s vision to reality.
- Contribute to the creation of environment art.
- Actively accept feedback from the environment art lead and art director.
- Ability to work well under deadlines; self-motivated and works well in collaborative environment.
- Working with the Producer to help remove roadblocks with External Partners
- Ensure that our clients External Partners have the materials and documentation required to complete their work to the expected quality
- Train External Partners and internal stakeholders on pipelines and processes used in External Development.
- Work with the External Partners to ensure that the work assigned to them is completed on time, on budget, and to the expected quality bar.
- Ensure that tasks assigned to our external Partners in project management tools are up-to-date and are populated with the required information (e.g. overages, submission notes)
- Be proactive in recognizing and resolving blockers relating to External Partner issues
- Promptly review work submitted by External Partners, ensuring that it hits the quality standards set by our Art and Technical Directors and Leads.
- Maintain regular communication and healthy relationships with External Partners. This may include being available outside of normal working hours to cover different time zones.
- Assist where required in Due Diligence and Onboarding of new External Partners, as well as Offboarding partners from our projects.
- Assist in advising and coordinating others on the team with complex problems and training relating to External Development.
Skills & Requirements
- Must have 3+ years of experience in video games, film/television or equivalent.
- Must also have 1-3+ years’ experience in working with external teams.
- This role may require domestic or international travel 3-4 times per year typically for 1-week duration per trip. Applicant must be willing to travel.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Good awareness for real time graphics issues.
- Ability to model, sculpt and texture a wide range of environments.
- Strong understanding of the high poly to low poly workflow.
- Strong experience with Maya or other 3D software packages, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
- Unreal, Frostbite or Unity experience a strong asset.
- Familiarity with managing projects using project management tools (I.e. Jira, Confluence, Excel, etc.)
- Must work well with deadlines and be self-motivated and directed.
How to Apply
For consideration please email your resume to Eileen at Eileen@ifgpr.com with "Environment Artist" in the subject line.
About the Company
IFG is a global professional services firm providing customized human capital solutions on a managed, outsourced, project, project-to-hire, contingent and retained full-time search basis. We began our journey by specializing only in the disciplines of finance, accounting, tax and audit. However, with our exponential growth and driven by client demand, our product offerings have widened and today we also service clients and candidates in the areas or sales, marketing (traditional and digital/social) and information technology.
IFG is one of the fastest growing firms in this space in North America. We place tremendous value on understanding the specific needs and requirements of our clients and the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with. We serve as trusted advisors to build lasting relationships with both our clients and the professionals we represent to ensure overall sustained success.