Junior Environment Artist
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Gunfire Games is looking for a junior environment artist. Candidates must be able to build eye-popping environments using existing assets as well as have a strong understanding of modern asset creation pipelines.
- Use commercial and proprietary software to create high-quality 3D art assets to fulfill the necessities of the project’s functional, art and technical specifications.
- Build out clean game levels in engine following the blockouts of designers and fellow environment artists
- Understand the requirements and constraints of game design, engine, and platform.
- Take direction in style and technique to match your work to the style of the project.
- Excellent communication skills—you can articulate your process and receive critical feedback.
- You can estimate your tasks with a high degree of accuracy and break down the steps to completion, delivering on time and at the highest quality
Skills & Requirements
- Proficiency with Substance Painter, Zbrush and 3D Studio Max
- Strong modeling and texturing skills
- Solid fundamental understanding of artistic principals
- Eye for good composition and setting up a level for guiding players
- Willingness to learn commercial and proprietary software
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to asset budgets and management
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
- Experience using Unreal Engine
- Experience handling the creation of an entire level including asset creation, lighting, and worldbuilding
- Familiarity with Substance Designer and texture/material creation
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title and your name in the subject line.
About the Company
Gunfire Games is an independent game developer based in Austin, Texas. We are best known for creating leading-edge VR titles including the award-winning Chronos and for our work on the Darksiders franchise. We are currently developing Remnant: From the Ashes along with other exciting unannounced projects. We started the studio because we love what we do: Crafting worlds; building games; it’s our DNA.