Senior VFX Artist (Gears Franchise)
We're looking for a talented Senior VFX artist to help us build stunning effects for our projects. Applying your mix of technical and artistic skills, you will be responsible for maintaining and pushing the visual quality of the Gears of War franchise while collaborating with Design and Programming to ensure the game is fun and visually impressive.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Work with the VFX team to drive the creation of gameplay and environmental effects
- Effectively communicate and motivate the team, ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Advocates best practices and sets the quality bar to be visually impressive yet run within technical specifications
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to improve gameplay choices and Programming to maintain our performance requirements
- Able to set and maintain strong VFX pipelines
Skills & Requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Has worked on at least two commercially released titles as a VFX artist on game titles
- Great technical knowledge of 3D packages, texturing packages and game engines like Unreal
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints imposed by console and PC technology
- Strong understanding the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how to use VFX to provide gameplay feedback
- Strong understanding and application of timing, scale, composition and colour
- Current with latest art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous roles as a senior or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
- Knowledge in rigid body and fluid simulation
- Passion for problem-solving and pushing boundaries
- Able to take full ownership of VFX implementation
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: http://www.splashdamage.com/content/job-details?gh_jid=676107
About the Company
About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.