Senior UI Artist
As a Senior UI Artist at 31st Union, you will have a significant role in shaping the visual art to support the overall game design and user experience on our project. You will collaborate with others from diverse disciplines like design, art, and engineering to help craft a rich and immersive interactive experience, that balances the needs of gameplay design and art direction. We love games that play well and look great; our view is that well designed UI / UX positively contributes to a great overall game experience.
- Develop and shape the UI visual design needs in accordance with the project's game design philosophies and artistic directions
- Concept, iterate, and produce assets throughout all stages of development from pre-viz to final game assets and helping to develop a cohesive UI style guide w/ leads and key stakeholders
- Prioritize, plan, and organize UI output, working with development partners on how best to deliver and execute on the creative vision
- Collaborate effectively with game design and art to visually represent game design intentions with Triple-A game quality visuals
- Identify and implement best practices, workflows, pipelines, and to continuously look at self and professional development
- Learn new tools and processes that help to elevate the quality of the UI aesthetics that enhances the overall user experience
Skills & Requirements
- Strong UI abilities that demonstrates a strong grasp and understanding of the needs of UI in an interactive game experience
- Strong traditional art experience with the ability to create assets from sketches and all the way to final game art
- Excellent graphic design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography)
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Good understanding of Motion Graphics
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications and prototyping tools used in UI / UX designs (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.)
- Experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design toolsets and production pipelines
- Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.)
- A passion for games!
- Perforce and Jira experience
How to Apply
About the Company
We are a team of developers with a uniting passion for crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. Our core values are our North Star ever reminding us who we intend to be and what we strive to create. Our studio culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective story the stronger our team and our game will be. We are an association of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere.
Our Rallying Cry: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community.
THRIVE ON TRUST
- We are inspired to do our best work because we are safe to take risks in an environment built on sincerity and respect.
CHASE THE HORIZON
- We believe the next great inspiration is just over the next peak; we push ourselves and each other to find it. We are all active in bringing innovation to life.
- Our strength is in our collective experiences and we stand proudly for representation and inclusion.
LIVE YOUR DREAMS
- We are driven with a passion to reach our fullest potential. Personal growth is an enduring priority for all of us.
We don’t polish stones. We deliver brilliance. This devotion shines through in ways that raise the bar for all of us, and the experiences we bring to players everywhere.