Twisted Pixel Games is seeking a highly motivated and talented Environment Artist who can turn 2D concepts into fully finished 3D models and environments for games. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team-oriented, collaborative approach to development and is interested in doing what it takes to make the best games possible.
Skills & Requirements
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Game and Project Directors, designers, and concept artists to create game environments and props from blockout to in-game assets.
- Implement impressive lighting scenarios that push current technologies.
- Manage outsourced environment assets.
- Identify environment layout risks and issues on a project and be able to determine and execute creative solutions.
- Work closely with Project Directors and the Art team to ensure the highest quality assets are delivered.
- Contribute to other departments as necessary during production.
Skillset & Requirements
- Outstanding proficiency and experience building and texturing AAA environments using Maya and/or 3DS Max, ZBrush/Mudbox and Photoshop.
- Excellent time management skills (assigned tasks and estimates) and the ability to handle large workloads efficiently.
- Pro-active about making things happen.
- Experience creating custom shaders for environments.
- Experience with current generation game engines like Unreal, Radiant or Unity.
- Desire and ability to put in the time and effort necessary to make a game great.
- Experience “grey boxing” environments.
- Experience with current generation lighting and shading engines.
- Experience rigging and skinning environment assets for animators.
- Traditional and Digital Illustration/Concepting skills.
- Having multiple AAA shipped title experience, especially full-cycle experience (GDD to Shelf), acclaimed for its environments.
- Passion for all types of games, especially on consoles.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
This position is located in Austin, Texas. You must be local or willing to relocate.
All applicants must currently be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
If you feel you have the passion, dedication and skills that match our unique company, apply to join our team! Please apply online at www.twistedpixelgames.com/careers
Submissions without a link to a portfolio will not be considered.
Twisted Pixel Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
Twisted Pixel is the studio that developed and released Wilson’s Heart, the 2016 Gamescom winner of the year’s Best Virtual Reality Game. The studio’s first title, The Maw, was the 2009 IGF finalist and 2008 PAX 10 Audience Choice Award winner, followed by the award-winning Splosion Man, Comic Jumper, Ms. Splosion Man, Kinect exclusive The Gunstringer, and Xbox One launch title LocoCycle.
After reaching their ten-year anniversary as a studio in the summer of 2016, Twisted Pixel continues to focus on creating character-driven original games for consoles, VR/AR and mobile platforms. Learn more at www.TwistedPixelGames.com and Twitter @twisted_pixel or Contact Us.