Technical Artist [Unannounced Project] (271)
The Technical Artist will develop and champion artistic, creative and technical solutions, support game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams, provide education and documentation to elevate the quality of some of Ubisoft’s biggest IP’s.
- Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
- Blue Sky creative possibilities with the art and level design production teams;
- Facilitate the creation of Blue Sky creative concepts to technically feasible and performance experiences for industry leading content;
- Participate in technical art reviews, post-mortem analysis, encourage artists to share knowledge with their peers;
- Work with the technical art team to identify ways to increase efficiencies in processes and production pipelines. Constructively identify risks or flaws in proposed pipelines and content;
- Provide documentation of art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline as needed;
- Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects with content owners to meet the needs of the project;
- Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
- Consult with team members providing constructive advice and feedback;
- Provide training for artists in approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
- Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
- Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive and results orientated;
- Willingness to share knowledge openly;
- Working knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
- Understanding of platform strengths and limitations;
- Knowledge of art asset pipelines;
- Aptitude for scripting and programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Technical Artist or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.