Studio Art Manager
Proletariat is seeking candidates for their brand new Studio Art Manager position. The individual in this position will partner with the Art Director and Art Leads to collaborate on and convey the Art Director’s artistic vision while also building a high functioning Art team. This position will be a key leader on the team in ensuring a high degree of artistic visual execution while also adhering to established timelines/pipelines and nurturing the skills of the individual members of the Art team. The Studio Art Manager will be required to manage all hiring, growth, and organizational responsibilities for the Art team, both internally and externally, as it continues to grow.
- Collaborate on and convey the Art Direction to other members of the Art team
- Mentor individual members of the Art team personally and professionally through feedback and guidance on best practices
- Manage individual members of the Art team with 1 on 1 meetings and reviews
- Develop hiring plans, interview candidates and make hiring decisions
- Review and ensure quality assurance protocols for all artwork are met
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, and Product to implement art assets
- Represent the art department in cross-functional meetings and Department's successes, challenges, and point of view concerning project direction/production
- Build a successful team through identification of growth areas and fills them with internal or external candidates
- Supervise the work of vendors and freelancers as required
Skills & Requirements
- 8+ years professional experience working in an Art department
- 4+ years supervisory experience managing multiple artists
- Prior shipped titles for commercial purchase a plus
- Production art experience on at least one shipped title
- Experience building a team via hiring, management, and mentorship
- Experience with 3D pipelines and software like Maya
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other modern game engines
- Enjoys playing a wide variety of games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To be officially considered for this position please apply directly here.
About the Company
Proletariat Inc. was founded in 2012 by a group of game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, and Insomniac who were hell-bent on pushing the boundaries of multiplayer games while demanding a level of quality unheard of for a small studio.
Our first major title, World Zombination, debuted in early 2015 as a coveted “Editor’s Choice” on the iOS App Store. On its way to attracting 4+ million players across the world, it went on to be named to Apple’s “Best of 2015” list and developed a reputation for AAA quality and depth to the mobile MMO landscape.
Today, we continue to work toward our studio's mission to deliver groundbreaking multiplayer titles focused on outstanding audience-first experiences. Our next AAA-quality game built on these principles is the currently in-development Spellbreak, a battle royale RPG with epic spellcasting that is now in Closed Alpha.