Engineering Department Coordinator
- Reports to the VP of Technology
- Documents and tracks engineering workload and ensures tasks are actionable and vetted by the required stakeholders.
- Helps to facilitate the engineering department’s iteration planning.
- Assists the VP of Technology to prioritize the Department’s workload and communicates that priority and order-of-execution to the Studio.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure prerequisite work is completed and clearly communicated to the engineering department.
- Maintains accurate daily status of engineering progress and works with other Development Directors and Department Coordinators to broadcast that status to the Studio.
- Partners with the VP of Technology to institute department-specific processes while interfacing with studio-standards for project management.
- Works with the Recruiting Department to pre-screen engineering applicants and organize interviews.
- Assists the VP of Technology in research and preparing employee reviews.
- Coordinates with the Quality Assurance department for build deployments and build notes.
- Schedules and facilitates meetings; recording video, audio, notes and action items as needed.
- Takes-on other logistics tasks as necessary to ensure the VP of Technology has enough time to direct and mentor the department.
- Provides status updates to the Development Director for use in strategic planning.
* This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of engineering experience in game development.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Well-versed with JIRA, Confluence, and MS Office Suite.
- Must possess strong soft skills
- Is comfortable communicating challenging status updates in a calm and pragmatic way.
- Is comfortable working with a team that reflects a broad range of experience and personality types.
- Must possess strong time management and time estimates skills.
- A motivated, proactive problem solver.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.