Senior VFX Artist
SENIOR VFX ARTIST – MONTRÉAL
Cloud Chamber is searching for a virtuoso visual effects artist with an eye for gameplay AND cinematics. Someone who can collaboratively shape the moving parts of a compelling game world.
You will work closely with the Lead VFX Artist and Art Directors. You will push creative and technical boundaries to set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems driven experience.
You are a seasoned game developer and an accomplished VFX artist. This isn’t your first rodeo. As a creative powerhouse you love to solve thorny visual communication problems while simultaneously delivering a jaw-droppingly beautiful end-product. You are a collaborator who can help drive progress across the board when it comes to visual effects, from game systems to cinematic moments and set pieces.
Skills & Requirements
- Must have shipped multiple titles as a VFX artist with 5+ years in the games or film industry
- Familiarity with Unreal or comparable engines (e.g. Frostbyte, Crytech, idTech, etc.).
- Experience developing / shipping AAA first person shooters is a plus!
- Possess a critical eye for timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects as well as mind-bending, fantastical VFX
- Experience ensuring art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
- Experience in secondary areas such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Someone with a love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team. Lead experience is a plus!
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
About the Company
Cloud Chamber exists to craft unique, entertaining and thoughtful videogame experiences that engage the world. We are hard at work on the next entry in the critically acclaimed BioShock series from our Novato, CA and Montreal, Quebec studio locations.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. We focus on open communication and overall well-being allowing each of us to strive for excellence in our work and happiness in our lives.