Environment Outsourcing Review Artist [CONTRACT]
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Review outsourced content to ensure final deliverables reflect the desired artistic vision.
- Create and/or modify existing assets, as necessary.
- Provide detailed and organized management of a high volume of assets related to art.
- Ensure ongoing timely feedback to external vendors working on art content.
- Accurately estimate the time necessary to complete individual assets.
- Test levels in-game and assess both aesthetics and performance on the Switch.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to evaluate external teams’ proficiency in art production.
- Generate detailed documentation and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
Skills & Requirements
- Prior outsourcing experience.
- Thorough understanding of current artistic/technical requirements for video game production pipelines.
- Artistic eye for core artistic principles including color, composition, structure and perspective.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to give and receive feedback with gracious consideration.
- Experience creating art specifically for video game software using current tools.
- 5+ years' experience in AAA video game production, including several product cycles (or equivalent experience).
- Undergraduate degree in art related subject; or completion of an intensive art training program; or equivalent independent study and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.