Concept Artist - New IP
The team behind the multi-award-winning ALIEN: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Visual Designer/Concept Artist to join team at the beginning of this exciting new project to help shape and evolve this new world into an immersive and engaging player space.
As a Concept Artist/Visual Designer for our new IP here at CA, you will already have experience of concept art/design and be able to communicate this visually through the use of 2D & 3D. Be aware of design constraints and visual direction, helping to shape and provide an immersive experience for our players to enjoy.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in collaborating closely with your fellow concept artists, along with writers, production artists, and of course designers, to gain all the information you need to create the ideal concept Design.
You will be an avid researcher, collector of ideas and be able to quickly iterate and adapt your visual designs where necessary to make concept art work that works for both design and production art.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates a solid grasp of visual design and presentation skills
- A good understanding of anatomy and character design skills
- Detailed concept art work that shows and understanding of material details and construction methods
- Clear sketching skills in order to quickly iterate on design work
- The ability to collaborate and work closely with multiple development disciplines through from art to design and production
- A good knowledge of composition, lighting and presentation skills
- Other requirements required are to be able to work with leads and Art Director to create a vision for this new IP
- Excellent communication skills, along with a self-driven attitude and the ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Happy to share knowledge and ideas with the team
- Good self-motivation and self-management
- Strong traditional artistic skills
- Experience of working in games
- Able to use one or more 3d or sculpting packages
- Story boarding or animatics
- Ability to create marketing artwork/imagery
Please include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel) as part of your application.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.