Senior Character Concept Artist / Illustrator, Unannounced Project
We’re a new team and we’re looking for a versatile and creative Senior Character Concept Artist to help us build a new unannounced project for Blizzard. Your goal is to bring characters, creatures, and an entire world to life and push the visual development of a new game. Ultimately, you’re combining inspiring art with inspiring gameplay while actively communicating and thriving on a small team.
- Create highly imaginative character, gear, weapon, and prop concepts that inspire a team and contribute to the unique visual direction of a new game
- Create a diverse and wide range of alluring and inspiring creature concepts that draw players into a world while helping 3D character artists model and texture them
- Create jaw-dropping illustration work to capture the game’s feel and inspire others to believe in its unique artistic vision
- Partner with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop an inspiring art vision for this new Blizzard experience.
Skills & Requirements
- Over 5 years of professional experience as a character concept artist and an understanding of the concept artist’s role in the game development process
- Exceptional ability to create traditional 2D art. You know when to work quickly to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption
- You’re highly creative and an expert with design, silhouette, and structure when creating characters, and you’re a pro with costuming and representing a wide range of themes and personalities with your characters and creatures
- You might have some experience working with 3D modeling programs like Zbrush to quickly get ideas out there to get the job done
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and you know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters with emotions and feelings
- You love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others
- You love games, movies, and animation, and you love dissecting them while thinking about how to take them to the next level
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and you understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please visit our website here:
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
About the Company
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft® , StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes nineteen #1-selling games* and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.