Lighting Artist needed for contract opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
- Our client is looking for a contract lighting artist to work on the next big AAA shooter experience.
- We're looking for a solid team player with good communication skills who can work with directors, leads,
- designers, engineers and of course other artists, but also be self-sufficient and work independently as required.
- You will be creative and flexible, able to follow art direction and concepts and most importantly of all be
- driven to help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible.
- Creation of static and dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
- Lighting single player, multiplayer and cinematics at a high level of quality.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to increase the fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay experience.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as: light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Document lighting processes and technology.
- Manage lighting solutions within our memory and performance guidelines.
Skills & Requirements
Qualifications & Skills
- Understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- A good understanding of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections, occlusions etc.
- Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and champion executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Organization, planning and prioritization skills
- Experience lighting within a real-time game engine
- Experienced Photoshop user
- Experience with Maya
How to Apply
Please send me your resume/portfolio link and the best time and number to chat!
**Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and sit on-site at our client in Redmond, WA**
About the Company
We are a global organization specialized in HR staffing. We have a specialized team focused on creative and game studios in the Seattle area.
We’ll find you your best fit. Let’s start looking for your dream job!