Senior Lighting Artist (Photorealism)
*Shipped AAA titles required*
*Stylized or science fiction/fantasy based lighting samples will not qualify - photorealism only*
Senior Lighting Artist
Senior Lighter is an important role that requires a deep understanding of foundational lighting concepts, real-time rendering pipelines and content creation methods.
- Work closely with the Lighting Supervisor to help deliver the lighting vision of the game
- Support all fundamental core lighting needs for all teams
- Carry lighting of environment spaces through from pre-production to final polish
- Help to manage and ensure the integrity of lighting on all assets
- Capably troubleshoot and solve lighting production issues
- Strive to maximize art production performance and predictability
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and continually learning new software packages.
Skills & Requirements
- A strong portfolio that showcases an understanding of light, color, value, and artful composition.
- Has shipped a AAA title as a Senior Artist on current generation hardware. 3 or more published titles would be a plus.
- Carries a fundamental understanding of the physical principals of light and their interactions with object surfaces and other participating media such as atmospherics.
- Proficient with a variety of lighting production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with real-time game lighting. Capable of creating and optimizing high frame rate content with real-time performance in mind.
- Specific expertise with 3DS Max, V-Ray, and IES profiles is desired
- Supports the content creation of skybox world environment lighting, dynamic weather systems, and maintaining lighting probes for precomputed light transfer and image-based lighting.
- Exhibits a high level of enthusiasm for studying and analyzing lighting models from other media such as film, illustration, photography, and real-life observation.
- Demonstrates a strong technical aptitude for real-time rendering, offline rendering, physically-based lighting, HDR, color grading, post processing, scripting, and procedural effects.
- Demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills. Capable of ensuring that assignments are progressing on schedule with key milestones and overall project goals in mind.
- A self-starter who can capably problem-solve the common daily production challenges that arise on the project without the direct daily supervision of the Lighting Supervisor.
How to Apply
Please send portfolios/reels to Jack at email@example.com
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.