Senior Level Artist
Techland is looking for a talented and experienced Level Artist to join one of our teams in Wrocław or Warsaw. You will help to create amazing environments the players will be exploring and admiring. You will be moving mountains, raising cities and breathing life into in-game locations thanks to aesthetically pleasing composition and clever use of light and detail.
Working remotely / as a freelancer is not an option, we are looking for an Artist, who would like to join us and work with us on-site in Wroclaw/Poland. - we provide great relocation package!
- Participating in the creation of ideas and plans for a locations/levels
- Setting the rough geometry of locations (terrain shape, buildings, interior walls)
- Finishing locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals
- Lighting locations and cutscenes to enhance the mood and to help direct gameplay
- Optimizing locations
- Collaboration with Level Designers (responsible for gameplay), Concept Artists, 2D/3D Artists and other people involved in creating game locations
- Working using a proprietary editor
- Taking care of a particular part of the game (i.e. a large part of the environment)
What are you looking for in a new job?
- INTERESTING PROJECTS – Two AAA games in the works, developed independently on the same technology with a total budget of $100 M.
- TIME TO LEARN – You get your own budget for conferences and workshops along additional days off to attend them.
- REAL IMPACT – Whether you are an industry veteran or a gifted young talent, your work and know-how can make a difference in the team and project.
- FUN & PARTIES – Arcades, barbecue, office canteen, and lots of consoles available all the time. Yummy food, loads of booze, and great music at company-wide parties.
- CHANCE TO TEACH – Share your expertise through the internal Mentoring Program or try yourself as a lecturer at the universities the company cooperates with.
- WORK FLEXIBILITY – We care for your work-life balance, so flexible work hours are always an option.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in level design or lighting video games levels
- At least two shipped AAA titles.
- English at a fluent speaking level
- Passion for games and knowledge of the gaming industry from the player’s perspective
- Ability to express ideas verbally and through quick sketches
- Ability to work in a group
- Excellent eye for real-world and game references
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D graphics suites (Adobe Photoshop, 3DS Max/Blender)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via: https://techland.net/job-offers/senior-level-artist
About the Company
Founded in 1991, Techland is a renowned global publisher, distributor, and developer of video games. Our titles – especially Dying Light and Dying Light: The Following as well as the Dead Island and the Call of Juarez game series – achieved an international success and won millions of fans. Dying Light, which launched in 2015, has been played by more than 8 million people to date. In 2016 the company joined the international publishing market as Techland Publishing, and announced development of two triple-A titles to be released within the next three years. Thanks to industry-leading specialists and use of latest technology, Techland is committed to delivering unforgettable experiences and innovative entertainment to players around the world.