Senior 3D Artist
This role is essential in shaping and building the visual style of our games. The Senior CG Artist will be creating artwork in a realistic/semi-realistic style for engaging real time game experiences, both high-end (AAA) production quality and for mobile platforms, pushing the limits for what is possible to achieve in both arenas.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to create full stack real time 3d assets of high visual quality, following industry standard workflows.
- Hard surface models is the primary asset type required, but proficiency in soft surface modeling is a great advantage.
- Should be comfortable creating 3d models, textures and Unreal shaders/materials.
- Level construction in Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with Unreal blueprints is a big plus.
- Well-versed in the creation of both high-end real time assets, as well as mobile art assets.
- Have a versatile/generalist mindset, be willing to learn and experiment with new skills and be able to venture outside his/her artistic comfort zone.
**Submission of a portfolio is required, and should demonstrate examples relevant for the position. The portfolio should be a mix of personal and professional examples.
- 3-5 yrs professional experience within one or more of the fields listed above.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
Software typically used for this position
- Unreal Engine 4
- Blender 2.8
- 3ds Max
- Substance Suite (Painter, Designer, Alchemist, Source)
- Quixel Megascans
* What matters is the end result, so if you use other tools that is fine.
If your background does not match the requirements we have listed in some way, yet you believe you are a strong candidate for the position, please apply! Explain in your cover letter why this is the role for you. We carefully review every application we receive.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
WORKING AT PORTALONE OFFERS YOU:
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program • Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Free daily lunch
In addition to the professional growth opportunities and general benefits, joining the PortalOne team also offers some nice lifestyle perks. Our offices are located in the heart of downtown Oslo, just a few minutes walk from the waterfront and the central train station, granting easy access to all transportation. We are residents of the MESH https://meshnorway.com/ co-working space, so we are part of Scandinavia's most vibrant community of innovative companies.
You get arcade machines, ping pong, networking, social activities and a creative atmosphere all in one package. You will also enjoy free daily lunches prepared by the Italian chef in the MESH cafe as part of your employment package. Oslo itself offers the opportunity to easily combine an urban lifestyle with outdoor pursuits. The full range of European clubs, coffee bars and culture comes with the city, but with the added benefit of numerous summer and winter sporting activities just a subway ride away. Living in Norway also means easy access to travel throughout the Nordic region and beyond.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Send cover letter, CV and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
PortalOne develops mobile-first “hybrid games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging games experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity. This convergence of entertainment forms means that our workforce is a mix of people from diverse industries, all working as a single team to create new workflows and pipelines to support production and delivery of next generation gaming entertainment. With founders and colleagues who have pioneered #1 hits in the gaming, film and TV industries around the world, ours is a culture of embracing challenge and breaking through barriers to bring great entertainment to life.