Senior Environment / Prop Artist [Unannounced Project] (334)
Create high quality artistic content for the project in respect of technical constraints and artistic direction, while supporting the Lead Artist on management focused tasks.
- Define, manage and delegate out resources from creation to placement;
- Contribute to the technical understanding of more junior members of the team;
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Share knowledge within the team, advise and mentor more junior members of the team;
- Assess artistic content with the Lead Artist and establish time and planning estimates by priority and level;
- Oversee optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers;
- Build and integrate assets into the play space and find solutions that adhere to the style guide;
- Assess and plan out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions;
- Create fully functional assets which can be shared across the project and respect the technical and artistic constraints of the project;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the game is delivered by collaborating with technical artists and other senior artists and make changes when necessary;
- Understand the game design documents in regards to the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style and use them to create various artistic elements;
- Share knowledge of project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process of updating engine data;
- Support the Lead Environment Artist and other senior artists in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing artistic environments;
- Strong ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines;
- Strong working knowledge of industry leading 2D / 3D modelling packages;
- Strong knowledge of composition and visual story telling;
- Strong knowledge of level editors;
- Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Strong gameplay and level design knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is essential;
- Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Strong Knowledge of optimization techniques (e.g. 3D Studio Max).
- 5 years’ minimum experience as an Environment Artist or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Has shipped at least 1 or more titles, preferably full project cycles on a AAA console title;
- Experience in both hard surface and organic modelling;
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.