Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Lead Artist that is passionate about games and can collaborate and execute the artistic vision of a project.
We are an established independent video game studio that partners with some of the most respected publishers in the industry. If you’re looking for an environment to showcase your talents across multiple exciting projects, this job is for you.
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
Skills & Requirements
- Review assets and provide clear, concise feedback to elevate visual quality
- Hands-on contribution to artwork
- Create a team environment of excitement and passion for creating games
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other artists
- Provide direction through documentation, concept art, or moodboards
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
- 5+ years experience working in interactive media and/or games
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Experience leading a team in crafting a distinct, cohesive visual style
- Deep expertise and experience in at least one art field
- Experience working with industry standard engines and software
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Iron Galaxy is one of the world's largest independent video game developers, delivering both home-built, original experiences and partners' visions to all platforms.
In 2008 Dave Lang was working at Midway Games Chicago as its Studio Tech Director. After years of working at the Publisher, the ambiguity of Midway's financial situation led Dave to start Iron Galaxy. Originally envisioned as a tech consulting firm that would focus on helping Publishers and Developers meet their goals, Dave was the only employee for the first six months. After this period of testing the waters, Dave teamed up with several of his former teammates from Midway and the company grew into a modest, eight-person shop. In 2010, the company expanded its efforts into doing ports for publishers, with their first notable success being Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition for Capcom. This was the first project Iron Galaxy completed without another development partner.
Iron Galaxy initially made its mark in the industry as a porting house. Then in 2011, Iron Galaxy set their sights on the company's first original game, Wreckateer, which was published in 2012. After Wreckateer, the company opened up a second studio in Orlando to assist with Divekick, and after Divekick the team got a chance to work on the largest original production yet for Iron Galaxy: Killer Instinct Seasons 2 and 3. Despite these successes, the team never forgot their roots, and they still do tech consulting and ports to this day; having worked on some of their partners' most established brands like Bioshock, Call of Duty, Destiny, Batman, Elder Scrolls and Diablo 3.