Animator - New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First Person Tactical Shooter IP.
We are looking for an accomplished Animator who demonstrates outstanding all round creativity, artistic ability and with a keen eye for quality to join our Animation Team.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to produce stunning work and have experience in developing animation systems for games; and will possess highly developed creative skills and good technical ability. Experience with Unreal Engine is a bonus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Animator to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP.
You will be responsible for creating and implementing high quality animations whether key framed by hand and/or working with Mocap.
With a passion to push the standard; communication, approachability and proactivity is vital for this role, as you will be expected to engage with other disciplines to drive content and new concepts through. A thorough understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics is essential in this role.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent hand-key animation skills for both humans and creatures
- Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and proven ability to work well within a team with a passion for games
- Have experience dealing with gameplay animations and knowledge of implementing animations in-game
- Have an excellent understanding of animation pipeline from conceptual phase to deployment
- You can accept and provide direction well and complete tasks by the assigned due dates
- Proficiency in Maya and/or Motionbuilder
- You have experience working with animation systems as part of a team to set up game features particularly in UE4
- Experience with motion capture
- Experience with character setup – rigging and skinning
Please submit a Portfolio/ Showreel link with your application to be considered for this role
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.