Senior 3D Environment Artist
Bluepoint Games is looking for AAA quality SENIOR 3D ENVIRONMENT ARTISTs to join our team on a full time basis. Lead the Environment team by example through creating unique content for AAA titles on cutting-edge home video game consoles. We are preferably looking for an individual with more than five years experience and multiple shipped titles, but we are open to anyone with exceptional talent and a true passion for creating cutting-edge environment art.
Please note: This is not an entry-level or mid-level position. Professional experience is required.
- Sculpt highly detailed geometry
- Compose exterior and interior layouts
- Assemble assets into Photo Mode worthy scenes
- Efficiently create and unwrap low poly geometry
- Apply and modify cutting edge PBR material techniques
- Maintain gameplay functionality throughout the model iteration process
- Collaborate with fellow Artists, Team Leads, and other disciplines to produce high quality environments
- Lead by example - Create high-quality, game-ready environment content
- Inspire and mentor other artists to create the highest quality worlds
- Create PBR texture sets for realistic materials
- Contribute to improving techniques and workflow
- Develop, learn, and teach the latest techniques and technologies
- Maintain the Art Director’s vision through feedback and communication with leads and fellow artists
Skills & Requirements
- A portfolio reflecting high quality game art
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the games industry with at least one AAA shipped title (excluding academic projects)
Expert knowledge of Maya modeling and UV tools
- Expert level ZBrush skills
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and Substance
- Full understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- Desire to learn new techniques and technologies
- Enjoy collaborating with other artists and developers
- Strong communication skills and able to mentor other artists
- Proven knowledge of PBR material workflows
- Extensive insight of game workflows and technologies
- Excellent communication, organizational, collaboration, and mentoring skills
- Proactive approach to learning new skills and tools
- Ability to work onsite at our facility in Austin, TX
The ideal candidate shall also have:
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer and Painter
- Basic proficiency in Houdini
- Desire to utilize procedural workflows
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements specified above and you feel the potential calling you, please email your resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “SENIOR 3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST” and your name and in the subject line.
If you currently reside outside of the US, please state whether you are legally authorized to work in the US.
About the Company
Our team at Bluepoint Games is pushing further in remaking another classic. Want to be part of recreating something special, a game millions of gamers loved and eagerly anticipate?
Bluepoint Games is a mid-sized studio with AAA aspirations, always welcoming elite game development talent to our family. If you also stand for the industry-leading quality and attention to detail expected from us, then join us in remaking classic games fans want to play, ensuring they look and feel as good as fans remember them.
Since inception in 2006, Bluepoint Games has had the privilege to revitalize many critically acclaimed franchises: God of War, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid, Flower, Gravity Rush, Titanfall, Uncharted, and again on our latest, unannounced projects.
For these reasons and many others - the Hill Country, lakes, and live music; an inspired university town with a thriving high-tech industry and creative community - we proudly call Austin home. Much of our staff originates from out of state and now they love it here. We're confident you'll love it here, too!