VFX Artist [The Settlers] (f/m/d)
In order to continue delivering high quality and innovative game play we are looking for a VXF Artist (f/m) to join our team based at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany). You will form a key part of the Art team and provide expertise to a number of exciting gaming projects!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize, design, and create in game visual effects by using available tools (particle systems, modelling, texturing, etc.
- Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to understand and interpret gameplay requirements to communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the budgets of the engine.
- Work with the Art Director to define a visual style for VFX
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within budgets
Skills & Requirements
- Have 3+ years minimum in the Video Game industry with a strong understanding of particle systems, shaders and procedural animation.
- Working knowledge of Maya, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
- A keen eye for motion, compositing, and animation.
- Extensive experience with VFX editors and real-time particle systems.
- Understand FX work flows and tools with the ability to modify and improve them.
- Able to keep content relevant to the current projects art style and work within those limitations.
- Ability to evaluate competitive product and learn from their VFX implementation solutions.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and organic effects (smoke, fire, waterfalls).
- Examples of fantastical effects animation (spells, explosions).
- Examples of rigid or soft body dynamics.
- Effects created in a game engine
Don't forget your CV & Cover Letter!
To Apply: Click HERE
- Flexible work hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We are offering highly motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft is present in 28 countries and has sales in 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers.