A Creative Development Artist creates concept art and illustrations for Blizzard’s game universes. Your goal is to bring to life the characters and environments through epic pre-production concepts and inspiring illustration work to be used across the company.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Create character and environment concepts for pre-production of our award winning animated shorts and cinematics in the Overwatch, Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, Hearhtstone, and Heroes of the Storm universes.
- Create environment mood paintings, lighting studies, color keys, and color scripts
- Create highly polished illustrations for animated sequences to promote new content and expansions
- Partnering with internal and external artists to collaborate on large creatively complex assignments
- Create jaw dropping illustration work to be used across the company for Blizzcon, Gamescom, marketing, promotional material, etc.
- Create concept art and illustration work to help the game development teams with their creative and artistic goals
- Work with art directors and directors to create a vision for our creative projects across the team
Skills & Requirements
Your Background and Experience
- 5+ years professional experience as a concept artist and/or illustrator
- Exceptional ability creating traditional 2D art and you know when to work quick to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption.
- You’re an expert with shape design, silhouette, and structure as well as color and composition and you aren’t afraid to experiment with 3D when it helps get the job done
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and you know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters with emotions and feelings.
- You love to collaborate. You have experience working with other artists and sometimes leading them on team projects. You take initiative and will help lead a creative vision, understanding that creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when working with others.
- You love games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and exploring ways to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes.
Requirements: for Applying:
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be requested during the interview process
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft® , StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes nineteen #1-selling games* and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.