Senior Environment Artist
Epic Games is searching for highly talented and creative individuals to join the Special Projects team and push the limits of visual fidelity in real-time environments and props. Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong artistic ability, bringing with them a strong understanding of form, function, detail, the skill to interpret concept art, plus have the technical skills to bring their work to life in Unreal Engine 4.
- Create low and high poly assets for environments and props; optimized for real-time with UV layouts for texturing and lightmap UVs.
- Collaborate with the Special Projects team to advance the state of real-time rendered technology, striving to create the highest possible visual fidelity and artistic innovation
- Work closely with designers and art leads to ensure that environments and assets match the quality bar and vision for Epic's games/tech demos
- Conduct research for reference material, participate in photo shoots, and concept phases
Skills & Requirements
- Portfolio pieces showing high-quality environments and props
- Ability to model clean seamless models from concept art
- Experience in the games or VFX industry with a few shipped titles and/or 10+ years experience as a 3D artist
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass and volume, light, lighting and color.
- Strong understanding of PBR workflow, materials and lighting.
- Experience working within a game engine and implementing 3D work into the engine.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop and Substance.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Zbrush
- Experience working with photogrammetry
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning experience we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio using the link below and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!
About the Company
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. With titles such as Fortnite, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War, Shadow Complex, and the Infinity Blade series of games, Epic has and continues to push the bounds in gaming, bringing unique experiences to players all over the globe.
Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.