Remote Production Artist
Are you a talented artist with a passion for gaming and are looking for a way to break into the mobile games industry? We are currently seeking a Production Game Artist to join our team of talented game professionals.
The Production Artist will work closely with our art directors and team on all of our game projects, including our hit game “Battle Camp” and “Beat Fever”. Our ideal candidate must be able to create fully rendered production assets of characters, environments, and UI game objects. Having a keen eye for detail is imperative, and the successful person will be passionate about their work, will constantly be thinking of how assets work with animations and other objects, and is deadline driven. This role will work primarily in Illustrator.
Due to the nature of this position, no candidate will be considered without a diverse portfolio submission. Candidates identified to continue in the process will be asked to complete an art exercise in addition to an interview.
- Work with the Art Directors and other artists to render out concepts into production assets.
- Receiving, taking feedback and implementing changes at a fast pace
- Able to analyze and understand the style of each project and make sure the rendering of each asset reflects that and remains consistent
- Meet set deadlines with completed and fully realized art assets
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to translate concept art into fully realized production assets
- Communicate with our team when assistance is needed or challenges are presented on the project
Skills & Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor of Arts degrees from an accredited institution in a related field
- Portfolio Requirements: (1) Various isometric game design related art pieces (2) Vector style art pieces--Solid background in traditional arts, and a good understanding of illustration and design
- 1-2+ Years of directly related experience
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail as well as a good understanding of form, shape, and structure
- Experience working with deadlines, and a deadline driven mentality to complete your work
- Able to work in a wide range of styles
- Solid understanding and comfortability with both Photoshop and Illustrator
- High degree of self motivation and discipline
While not required, the following attributes will help set you apart from the other candidates:
- Some understanding of Adobe Flash
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out the following form:
About the Company
At WRKSHP, our mission is to bring people together through the power of play. We believe in teamwork, intellectual honesty, and high quality craftsmanship and work hard to create simple, beautiful and massively social games that expand the possibility space of people’s lives.
We are passionate, bootstrapped and profitable. Our 60 person team is made up of the best artists, developers and designers in the world. We have developed over 55 top 25 applications in the App Store and our latest game, Battle Camp, is the world’s largest mobile MMO with over 30 million downloads. Battle Camp was the App Store’s Best Multiplayer Game and is a Top 100 Grossing App in 100 countries on iOS and Android.