VFX Artist [Far Cry] (f/m)
We are now accepting applications for a VFX Artist [Far Cry] (f/m) to be based at our Berlin studio.
The VFX Artist will be responsible for the creation of all visual effects in the game.
- Create game visual effects in live with the artistic & creative direction, game design and gameplay
- Optimize the VFX assets within a given budget
- Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to understand and interpret gameplay requirements to communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the budgets of the engine.
- Work with the Art Director to define a visual style for VFX
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within budgets
Skills & Requirements
- Master or Bachelor degree in art or any other related education
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a VFX Artist in game development
- Strong understanding of particle systems, shaders, and procedural animation
- Working knowledge of 3DSMAX, Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages
- A keen eye for motion, compositing, and animation
- Extensive experience with VFX editors and particle systems
- Understand FX work flows and tools with the ability to modify and improve them
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project
- Able to keep content relevant to the current projects art style and work within those limitations
- Ability to evaluate competitive product and learn from their VFX implementation solutions
- Good English skills (written and spoken
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios should contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are gearing up for our first challenges. We will be collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams.
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to the Far Cry franchise. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the Far Cry community, to make it “the place to be” for fans of online open-world shooters. Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company