We are increasing the Tech-Art presence across our projects here at Splash Damage and so we’re looking for a Technical Artist to join the team.
As a Technical Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
- Communicate with all disciplines to resolve issues and improve game quality
- Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines
- Optimise run-time performance of our games
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features
- Take part in implementing in-house and outsourced art assets
Skills & Requirements
Essential skills and experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows using Autodesk 3dsmax and/or Autodesk Maya
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Solid understanding of game engines, where UE3 or UE4 is preferred
- Passion for games and game development
- Digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Some familiarity with rigging and animation
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Knowledge of performance profiling and optimisation (CPU and/or GPU)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: https://www.splashdamage.com/careers/job/oRrhcfwv
About the Company
About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.