Character TD / Rigger
You will be responsible for designing and overseeing the studio’s character animation pipeline, designing and implementing a smooth workflow and toolchain that allows rapid iteration of assets across the character, and cinematic teams. You should be knowledgeable in all areas of the character technical pipeline including rigging, skinning, clothing and hair simulation, and process automation.
This role reports to the Studio Art Director.
Skills & Requirements
- Design and build the base skeleton systems for all in-game characters, weapons and props, including facial setups
- Create high quality animation rigs for a large variety of believable characters and creatures in Maya, to utilize key frame as well as motion capture data
- Advanced skills in skinning and auto-skinning
- Collaborate with the Character Art department to help implement the character pipeline, including naming and file/folder structuring. Create Maya animation tools to support the art pipeline between the Maya and UE4.
- Bring Automation to the rigging pipeline, through writing and maintaining Python and/or Mel scripts, to expedite the character set-up and animation workflows
- Re targeting and applying motion capture data onto rig setups when applicable
- Set up real time hair and cloth physics
- Basic Animation knowledge for troubleshooting
- Liaison between the animation and programming teams
- Stay current in, and own the knowledge of, all character animation systems in Maya
- Establish and document content best practices and studio conventions, participate in identifying external technology needs, and assist in the personnel hiring process.
- Two to four years of experience in character setup, Python, and/or Mel scripting and a thorough understanding of all technical aspects of Maya animation as it applies to character setup
- Good communication skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
About the Company
Hidden Path Entertainment is an independent video game company established to develop and produce interactive entertainment software for current and future generations of video game consoles, virtual reality platforms, and other computing platforms. Hidden Path is currently working on both independently-funded and publisher-funded projects, developing fun and innovative titles for some of the most popular companies in gaming.