Manager, 3D, Animation & VFX Education, ArtStation
ArtStation is committed to enabling artists and designers thrive globally. We are considered the leading professional platform for artists & designers with a global audience reaching millions of people. ArtStation enables artists to showcase their portfolios in a slick way, find clients and jobs, make money via the marketplace, and with new education initiatives planned, advance in their careers, skills and knowledge. Our mission is to enable artists to grow and thrive. We live and breathe that ethos.
The impact you can have in the industry is powerful. We are looking for an Education Manager to help us to bring 3D, Animation and VFX education to a massive scale via ArtStation. You’ll be surrounded by some of the most passionate team members who are committed to helping artists grow and thrive.
The ideal candidate should be well versed in the digital art and CG industry and have a passion for education & training. We’re looking for someone who has experience managing creatives - either at a similar position, or perhaps at a studio.
- Working with instructors globally to create amazing educational content for ArtStation.
- Developing a content strategy and curriculum based on the needs of our users
- Content planning - ensuring that there is always content being delivered, and that it’s the right content
- Managing the content budget - working with instructors on acquiring content within budget and time constraints
- Identifying instructors and content producers based on information from the community & industry, feedback, data.
- Hiring and contracts.
- Working with instructors by providing information, guidance and feedback during production.
- Following up with instructors who fall behind and aren’t delivering on time.
- Dealing with instructor invoices and ensuring that they are paid
- Quality assurance on content. The Manager is expected to watch and check every piece of content that is to be released, and is accountable for the appropriateness and quality of the content.
- Assessing feedback from customers and using that feedback to create better content.
- Keeping content up to date. Producing new content when the current ones get outdated.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience and passion for education. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about delivering great educational experiences to advance the industry.
- Subject matter expertise. You need to be well versed in the digital art and CG industry. Specifically, you must be well versed in 3D for games, realtime, animation and visual effects production. You should already be familiar with industry and needs of the art and CG industry.
- Experience managing artists or instructors. You need to have already had experience working with and managing artists or instructors - either for a similar position, or at a studio.
- Very good interpersonal skills. You will be interfacing with many instructors and internal team members.
- Strong written skills in English. You’ll be writing titles, descriptions and copy for the content.
- Self-starter. You shouldn’t need to be told what to do. We’re hiring you to figure things out.
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Working at ArtStation
ArtStation is a friendly and performant environment. We are a mid-sized team of just over 30 people. We have offices in Montreal, Canada and Kazan, Russia.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Although we do have a preference for team members to work on-site at our studio in Old Montreal, we are considering remote, full-time candidates as well that can work mainly in the Eastern Time Zone and when needed as the job requires speaking with instructors in many time zones.
We believe that our employees' well-being is very important and we offer the following benefits:
- 3 weeks vacation (in addition to public holidays)
- Health, dental, life, and AD&D (single or family)
- Strong support for training and mentoring
- Subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary
- Amazing, fun and friendly coworkers!
About the Company
ArtStation is committed to enabling artists and designers thrive globally. We are considered a leading professional platform for artists & designers with a global audience reaching millions of people. ArtStation enables artists to showcase their portfolios in a slick way, find clients and jobs, make money via the marketplace, advance in their careers, skills and knowledge. Our mission is to enable artists to grow and thrive. We live and breathe that ethos.