Associate Technical Artist
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Associate Technical Artist to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you want to work with a fun, collaborative team on the world’s most popular game franchises, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
At High Moon you’d be an Associate Technical Artist with a passion for high-quality content creation, who can think outside the box, and can create optimal pipeline and optimization tools specializing in one or more areas of content development. The areas of content development can be physically correct art development, lighting and shaders, rigging, animation, or effects.
Our team is a multidisciplinary group serving as a bridge between art, design, and engineering. We provide our teams with effective implementation tools, complex assets templates, and final content which must not only meet the high-quality standard but also be optimized to be as efficient as possible. Our team is also responsible for analyzing content performance, advise on, and provide processes to ensure the final content runs at the expected frame rate.
- Help define the technical quality standards, overseeing the development of art pipelines
- Contribute to the development of artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product's visual style and encourage artistic technical evolution within the studio
- Provides input on the technical methods to achieve the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle
- Create tools and processes that assist in authoring environment art, VFX, destruction simulations, animation, lighting, and post process effects
- Stays current on industry standard content creation tools and techniques
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Work with other tech artists/engineers to identify and implement art-pipeline optimizations and to create technical benchmarks to be used in production
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues
- Assist in game profiling and generating report to help content creators get their assets within budget
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills catering to engineers and artists as needed
- Thorough knowledge of content creation tools with the ability to create both content and tools to expedite content creation, these can include Photoshop, Maya, Max, Houdini, Substance Designer, etc.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to break down tasks and assignments and prioritize them into workable pieces on a daily, weekly basis
- Object oriented software design skills using Python, Java, or C#
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of linear algebra (vector math) as it pertains to 3d environments
- Experience building WPF .Net applications using the C#
- Experienced programming in C++
- Experience building Houdini assets
- Experience creating shader and effects using HLSL
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: https://careers.highmoonstudios.com/job/R001802/Technical-Artist-High-Moon-Studios
About the Company
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com.