Senior Concept Artist
Are you an inventive artist, skilled in a variety of techniques and a seasoned expert in developing inspiring concepts to a high standard?
Paradox is looking for a Senior Concept Artist to be a champion in the Concept Art Team. You will be entrusted with a large degree of freedom to define the art style, texture and richness of our titles across a wide variety of themes - from historically accurate period conflicts to fantastic space faring colonization
- Work with Art Directors to develop the look and feel of our games through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated concept art.
- Craft detailed in-game art, ranging from small interface icons to full-screen illustrations, and marketing material.
- Develop style guides, creative briefs and art quality benchmarks for outsourcing and the team.
- Review and feedback on work produced by external artists.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Producers to breakdown and delegate tasks.
- Mentor less experienced artists and lead by example with organised workflows and efficient processes.
Skills & Requirements
- 7+ years experience creating concept art to a high standard - from scratch - including environments, characters, props, clothing, hair, hard surface and vehicles.
- Mastery of 2D art fundamentals: Anatomy, Composition, Lighting, Material Expression, Color Use, etc and highly skilled in Photoshop, ZBrush, Maya & Sketchup
- Strong creative process to translate gameplay requirements into visual designs: information gathering, research, thumbnailing, detailing, and iterations.
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving and receiving feedback in English
- Vision and restraint to create concepts with tangible value over technical intricacy
- Ability to create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles
It would of course be great if you had a passion for the strategy game genre and an understanding of world culture or history. Mentoring experience or additional skills like familiarity with Keyshot, Octane or 3D Coat would be a bonus but not essential.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via our career-site: https://career.paradoxplaza.com/jobs/798801-senior-concept-artist
About the Company
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC. The world-renowned strategy catalog stretches back to 1999, and the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established PC franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Cities: Skylines, Crusader Kings, Magicka and the Hearts of Iron series created by Paradox Development Studio and a network of partner studios.