Environment Artist - Contract - Forza Team
Playground Games are looking for skilled and experienced Contract Environment Artists, responsible for the creation of immersive environments that realise our game’s vision.
As an important member of the team, you’ll be responsible for creating consistently high quality environment art and raising the bar for environment content in our titles. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders so the ability to communicate effectively is very important.
You’ll have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating natural and/or concept driven landscape artwork, attention to detail and developed skills in 3D software such as 3DS Max and Photoshop. You’ll have an understanding of the use of real world reference, scene composition, organic modelling/texturing and terrain sculpting.
Skills & Requirements
- A good knowledge of 3DS Max, Photoshop, and Substance.
- Experience of PBR techniques and materials.
- An understanding of contextual world building.
- Hard surface/organic modelling and texturing skills.
- Strong understanding of the use of real world reference.
- Experience with photogrammetry is an advantage.
- Portfolio containing examples of real world environments is an advantage though not essential.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.