AAA Character Outsourcing Artist
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Character Artist. In this position, you will be expected to help deliver high quality character assets. You will also be expected to partner with the Lead to help re-enforce our quality bar and guide external teams of Artists to bring the Lead’s vision to reality.
- Adhere to the Character Modeling quality bar set by the Art Director and Lead Character Artist.
- Work with the Character Art team to achieve key milestones and deliverables.
- Actively accepts feedback from the Art Director and Lead Character Artist.
- Work with the Lead Character Artist to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of game character assets.
- Collaborate with Lead Character Artist and technical teams to develop run-time game character procedures & pipelines.
- Makes a significant, direct contribution to the creation of character art.
- Works towards established production deadlines.
- Ensure that our External Partners have the materials and documentation required to complete their work to the expected quality
- Work with the External Partners to ensure that the work assigned to them is completed on time, on budget, and to the expected quality bar.
- Promptly review work submitted by External Partners, ensuring that it hits the quality standards set by our Art and Technical Directors and Leads.
- Ensure that tasks assigned to our external Partners in project management tools are up-to-date and are populated with the required information (e.g. overages, submission notes)
- Be proactive in recognizing and resolving blockers relating to External Partner issues
- Assist in advising and coordinating others on the team with complex problems and training relating to External Development.
Skills & Requirements
- Must have 3+ years of experience in video games. Film/television or equivalent experience will be considered. Must also have 1-3+ years’ experience in working with external teams.
- This role may require domestic or international travel 3-4 times per year typically for 1-week durations per trip. Applicant must be willing to travel.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding in sculpting, 3D modeling & texturing (both high- & low-resolution characters), and creating “game ready” characters.
- Experience with facial morph targets and a deep knowledge of facial expressions.
- Experience and/or education in sculpting and drawing realistic organic forms with an emphasis on human, biped and quadruped shapes. Excellent anatomical understanding.
- Experience creating both humans and creatures.
- Proficient in Maya, 3D Max or XSI.
- Mudbox or Zbrush proficiency a must.
- Experience with Unreal Engines a big plus.
- Experience with skeleton/rig creation a plus.
- Self-motivated and directed.
How to Apply
Please send portfolios/reels to Shawn at Aquent: email@example.com
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.