Material Artist Contract - Forza Team
Playground Games is seeking a Material Artist who will be responsible for creating a diverse range of textures and materials needed to realise the vision for our Forza Horizon team.
As a Material Artist you’ll also need experience in the technical aspects of your craft, including shaders, asset optimisation, creation of efficient tile-able textures, Smart Materials in Substance Designer, as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
Expert knowledge in Substance Designer is a must.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 1 AAA title released on current-gen console
- Good understanding of current generation production workflows and technical considerations in relation to either character or environment art production
- Able to communicate with technical team members
- Ability to organise and manage work to meet deadlines
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your in-game texture and Substance work to very high standards
- A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills
- Expert knowledge of textures creation packages such as substance Designer and substance Painter
- Experience working with photogrammetry
- Expert knowledge in PBR rendering & Light Interactions
- Strong knowledge of Zbrush or Mudbox
- Lighting and/or photography experience
- Good traditional art foundation
- Understanding of Photogrammetry Workflows
- Experience implementing and maintaining material pipelines.
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is an Xbox Game Studio and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.