Environment Artist/Outsourcing Manager
Looking for an experienced Senior Environment Outsourcing Artist with an eye for detail and a passion for creating stunning photorealistic environments to join our team. In this role, you will use your talents to collaborate with our external art teams in the creation of large-scale environments and game-ready assets. You will help drive quality and accountability of external production to meet the visual goals of the project. The ideal candidate has a strong artistic background and can give precise feedback, directing external artists to successfully meet internal standards and collaborate to solve production challenges.
• Collaborate with Environment Leadership and PMs to understand and communicate the visual goals of the project externally and maintain the consistency of this vision with outside vendors and teams
• Assist internal and external PMs in the creation and management of external art schedules and resource plans
• Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver assets that meet the standards and needs of the project
• Maintain asset tracking and provide visual and technical feedback on assets throughout the stages of production
• Clearly communicate production challenges and provide guidance to external teams
• Create asset specs and documentation detailing best practices for external art production based on project needs
• Identify improvements in art pipelines to improve external vendor quality and streamline integration
• Collaborate and partner with internal artists to validate art asset delivery and provide production support
• Create high quality models, materials, and prototypes as needed.
Skills & Requirements
5+ years of experience with at least 2 shipped titles on console or PC
Must have experience with outsourcing and high volume art production techniques
A strong visual and technical understanding of 3d modeling, texturing, and level creation
Proficiency with 3DSMax and/or equivalent software
An eagerness to learn and teach new tools and processes
Strong communication and time management skills
A portfolio demonstrating high-quality realistic modeling and texturing
A passion for art, innovation, technology.
- Shipped title on current generation consoles
Experience with Shotgun or similar asset management software
An understanding of physically based material pipelines.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and portfolios to email@example.com
Please note this position does not offer any kind of visa sponsorship
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.