Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for an Environment Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Skills & Requirements
As an Environment Artist, you’ll have a significant role in the creation of our levels. You’ll be closely working together with other artists and designers to develop great looking environments that contribute to the overall game experience. You’ll be able to creatively participate in all steps of the project: from early concept to final product.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a game artist working for big screen projects and at least one shipped title.
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent software.
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines.
- Good high poly modelling skills.
- Experience and good understanding of PBR material workflows.
- The ability to deliver under tight deadlines and plan your own work accordingly.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- A passion for games
The ideal candidate will also have
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or architecture.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
If you are interested go ahead and apply today. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the application form to apply here
About the Company
Remedy Entertainment Plc. is a globally successful console and PC game company founded in 1995 and based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy creates cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries and push the envelope of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects. Remedy’s games include Death Rally, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, and Quantum Break. For more information: www.remedygames.com