Senior Technical Artist
Quixel is looking for a Senior Tech Artist to work on special projects. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making the most realistic environments and assets possible using the Megascans library; akin to Quixels’ recent short, ‘Rebirth’. We are looking for someone who loves visual storytelling, accurate world building, and next-generation asset development. Additionally, collaborating and sharing your ideas and workflows to help develop Quixel’s cinematics. You’ll be responsible for creating and testing new ways of using Megascans assets to push the boundaries of realism in a real-time application. You will help drive the vision of new assets or scenes from scratch or from concepts. We need someone who is ambitious, self-driven, and has a great attitude. Seeking new ways to improve your own artistic skills, technical skills and abilities with 3D asset creation and environment building.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of tool development and technically driven work related to environment creation for AAA games
- Knows the value of photogrammetry / Megascans ecosystem, and understands how it can fit in with modern AAA development pipelines
- Highly values proceduralism, and empowering artists to achieve better results in less time
- A keen ability to identify issues in production; suggest, and implement long term solutions
- Expert knowledge of C++, Python, MEL
- Has an eye for the natural world and how its structured with the ability to replicate it in realtime
- Ability to create tools for environmental assets and systems for world building.
- Ability to take feedback,evaluate criticism and art direction on a professional level
- Multi-tasking expert and comfortable working on multiple assets/projects at once
- Maintain production deadlines and/or communicate any scheduling concerns with the team
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current and emerging real-time workflows and pipelines.
- Enthusiastic to bring RTX to the forefront of the industry
- Cinematic development experience
- Link to demo reel/ portfolio
- Able to work from home
- Experience leading a small team
- Has delivered several AAA game titles
- Capacity to look dev and explore ideas with minimal art direction
- Self-motivated to explore new software to emerging technologies
- VFX production experience
- Has worked with Houdini
- Scripting knowledge
- Required - UE4 and or Unity, or comparable game engine
- Bonus– 3dsMax/maya, Grow FX, Forest Pack, World Machine/Gaea, Photoshop, Houdini, Quixel Mixer, Quixel Bridg
How to Apply
About the Company
Quixel is the creator of Megascans, Bridge, and Mixer: the world’s largest library of 3D scans and two groundbreaking art applications. Our products standardize and accelerate workflows within the entire 3D industry and empower all artists to take control of their creative passions.
We work with industry leaders in 3D art and have been integral to some of today’s biggest AAA games and blockbuster movies. We are also rapidly expanding into architectural visualization and product design spaces.
We hire creative, passionate people, and give them the autonomy to do great work. We are building Quixel to be a remarkable place to work, learn, and grow. We are growing fast and would love to work with you!
Quixel is proud to be an equal opportunity, non-discrimination and harassment free workplace. A diverse workforce with varied perspective and background strengthens us by creating and environment receptive to new ideas, alteration and innovation.
Note to Applicants
Please continue to visit our jobs website for future job and internship opportunities.
If you don't see a fitting job listed, submit your application under General Applications.
Please note that we do not accept applications via email or phone calls.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies
Quixel does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.