Senior Character Artist
- Create (Sculpt, Model, UV, texture and create materials) AAA quality characters and creatures
- Work closely with the leads to ensure the visual target is always exceeded and stylistically consistent
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions for the entire project
- Mentor junior artists by providing creative and technical training, guidance, and feedback
Skills & Requirements
- High proficiency in Maya, Z-Brush, Marvelous Designer and Substance Designer / Painter
- 5+ years industry experience
- Excellent High and Low poly modeling skills
- A portfolio demonstrating a range of character modeling styles
- Excellent texture and shader creation within a PBR pipeline
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy, materials and garb
- Solid grasp of color theory and lighting techniques for quality presentation and the best player experience
- Experience with proprietary tools and development pipelines
- Must be receptive to art direction and critiques from project art leads
- Strong foundation in traditional art
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively coordinate with producers, programmers, designers, as well as artists.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and mentoring skills
- Experience with Epic's Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of rig creation and skinning of verts
- Character and prop ideation and concept development skills
- Scripting experience in Python or MEL
- Background in portrait painting, Photography or Cinematography
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Feel Free to apply directly through our website.
About the Company
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 40+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.