Animation Director - Fable Team
Playground Games is looking for an Animation Director to lead a world-class Animation team on an entirely new AAA open world action / RPG project. You will work closely with the Art Director and Cinematics Director to develop and drive the artistic vision for this AAA project and take responsibility for an exceptional team, as well as being a key member of the project leadership group.
Your experience within the games industry will have seen you work on multiple high-profile console titles through the course of your career. As Animation Director you'll take responsibility for all aspects of animation production and setting quality standards.
You’ll be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, with excellent communication skills honed by your experience of leading teams.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 published games with at least one AAA title in a Animation Director or equivalent position.
- Have experience overseeing and supervising all animation content across a single project.
- Deep understanding of the full game development process.
- A thorough understanding of animation theory and technique.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to visualise creative ideas and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment giving & taking direction, critiques, and constructive feedback.
- A genuine passion for video games, and a desire to elevate storytelling in games to the next level.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.