Senior Environment Artist
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will work in DCC apps and our in-house editor to create a wide range of 3D environmental assets which will be used to populate our game worlds.
You will be passionate about how these assets will be used within our environment and will closely follow the process from modelling and texturing, through to implementation and lighting in the final playable.
Working closely with the Lead Environment Artist you will ensure that these assets, which are the building blocks of our world, look exceptional and are used to their full potential.
- Work closely with the Lead Environment Artist to create high quality, high resolution 3D environment art, including natural environments and architecture.
- Use editor and other applicable tools to implement buildings and props into the actual game area / map, use of various props and vegetation assets, create the set dressing around buildings (in various styles).
- Use in-house environment tools built into the editor to create environmental layouts on the map.
- Create basic occlusion and lighting setup for environment scene.
- Combine traditional art aesthetics with next-gen 3D authoring techniques to create visually compelling 3D spaces.
- Stay up-to-date on the capabilities and workflows in game engines and other authoring tools as provided and used by the company.
- Develop a broad range of environment assets that include architecture, nature and geographical features.
- Work closely with Level Designers and Artists to develop unique play spaces and captivating environments.
- Partner with engineers and tech artists to help further enhance our art pipeline and grow our effectiveness in rapid iteration game development.
- Ensure assets and environments conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar and schedule.
- Mentor and inspire junior artists.
- Understand and adhere to the project art direction.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality and schedule.
- Implement final assets into the game engine, creating well composed locations.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in the creation of high quality, high resolution 3D assets, UV maps and textures.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as an artist in the games industry.
- Strong experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- Strong experience with texture creation/authoring tools such as Substance.
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity or similar).
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
- An appreciation for architecture and design.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive, collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded by industry legend Leslie Benzies, we are developing an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world multiplayer game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual.
A mix of experienced AAA veterans whose credits include some of the biggest-selling and most loved games of all time, and talented hungry new blood, we are dedicated to creating a creative environment where the best ideas flourish and everyone is able to contribute their best work and be recognised for it.
We have offices in Edinburgh, Los Angeles, and Budapest.