Senior FX Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a talented and self-motivated Senior FX Artist to join us in creating a broad range of visual effects art, to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
Skills & Requirements
What our Senior FX Artists do:
- Develop innovative, complex and visually stunning particle and shader effects within the defined visual style.
- Creating assets such as textures, models and shaders relevant to visual effects art.
- Concept, propose, and present creative ideas.
- Work closely with our artists, animators, designers and programmers to implement effects.
- Provide creative input specific to assigned tasks.
- Mentor other FX artists and help develop their their abilities.
Qualified candidates have:
- Ability to create real-time effects in a variety of visual styles- from smoke and gunfire to explosions and magic casting - and implement them as highly efficient, game-ready assets.
- 2-5 years of experience creating real-time FX for games.
- Portfolio materials must demonstrate a strong understanding of particle effects technology, techniques, and implementation.
- Strong technical knowledge of effects generation using Unreal Cascade (or a comparable engine).
- Candidates must show an aptitude for learning new/proprietary systems quickly.
- Experience with 3D Studio Max and Photoshop.
- Must have the ability to quickly conceptualize, present and execute ideas.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent sense of scale, timing, detail, form, texture and color.
- Must have the drive to conquer technical challenges.
- Must be able to handle an ever changing environment and tasks with positivity and excitement.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
“Free To Play.” It’s like a four-letter word to gamers – and for good reason. Who wants to get nickle-and-dimed? Who wants to play a game where the “better player” is the one with the bigger pocketbook?
At Hi-Rez Studios, we know there’s a better way. We make Free to Play games that our fans Want to Play. More important, we make Free to Play games that we want to play.
It’s a crazy idea, when you think about it. Giving away games that we spend millions of dollars developing, with the hope that people like them enough to buy costumes. But when you love your games like we do, players can feel it. And they start to love our games too.
We’re proud of the fanbases that have formed around our games. We believe that great games come from great communities – and ours are some of the best.