Senior 3D Character Animator
Bluepoint Games is looking for SENIOR 3D CHARACTER ANIMATORs to join our team on a contract basis. Help us define the quality of gameplay animations and cinematic animations in AAA titles developed for cutting-edge home video game consoles. We are preferably looking for individuals with more than five years of experience and at least one shipped title, but we are open to anyone with exceptional talent and a true passion for creating best-in-class animation.
Please note: This is not an entry-level or mid-level position. Professional experience is required.
- Create benchmark animations with good sense of physics and realistic movement
- Generate realistic facial and lip sync animations for in-game motions and real-time cinematic scenes
- Work with Project Leads to elevate animations to the next level
- Inspire, mentor, and support the Animation team in creating impactful animation
- Quickly produce prototype animations
Skills & Requirements
- A demo reel reflecting high-quality animations for both humans and creatures
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the animation industry
- Experience working with raw motion capture data
- Experience with facial animation and basic understanding of FACS
- Self-motivated, strong communication skills, and a team-player attitude
- Able to produce top quality hand-key animation
- Strong understanding of animation principles
- Understanding of game engine blend trees
- Ability to work onsite at our facility in Austin, TX
The ideal candidate shall also have:
- Knowledge of Maya
- AAA console experience as 3D animator
- Basic understanding of rigging
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements specified above and you feel the potential calling you, please email your resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “SENIOR 3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR” and your name and in the subject line.
If you currently reside outside of the US, please state whether you are legally authorized to work in the US.
About the Company
Our team at Bluepoint Games is pushing further in remaking another classic. Want to be part of recreating something special, a game millions of gamers loved and eagerly anticipate?
Bluepoint Games is a mid-sized studio with AAA aspirations, always welcoming elite game development talent to our family. If you also stand for the industry-leading quality and attention to detail expected from us, then join us in remaking classic games fans want to play, ensuring they look and feel as good as fans remember them.
Since inception in 2006, Bluepoint Games has had the privilege to revitalize many critically acclaimed franchises: God of War, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid, Flower, Gravity Rush, Titanfall, Uncharted, and again on our latest, unannounced projects.
For these reasons and many others - the Hill Country, lakes, and live music; an inspired university town with a thriving high-tech industry and creative community - we proudly call Austin home. Much of our staff originates from out of state and now they love it here. We're confident you'll love it here, too!