2D Spine Animator - Full-Time Remote
Playstudios Orion - a 100% distributed team, is looking for Freelance 2D Spine Animator with excellent creative ability and knowledge of animation pipelines. You will help animate characters and game assets in various styles and genres for our mobile Slots titles:
Freelance 2D Spine Animator Responsibilities:
- Animate and rig 2D character, creatures, and objects in Spine 2D software (http://esotericsoftware.com)
- Able to quickly block out keyframes in Spine for conceptual preview
- Collaborate with the creative team on refining rough animations
- Be open to constructive feedbacks and able to communicate your creative ideas
- Work closely with engineering team to lead the production and implementation of top quality animations
- Work with VFX artists on creating VFX animations in Spine
- Provide insight and suggestions on how to raise the visual quality of our 2D animations
Skills & Requirements
Freelance 2D Spine Animator Qualifications:
- Demonstrably excellent sense of timing and weight
- Skilled with Spine 2D Animation Software- 2 years minimum experience
- 2+ years game industry experience
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates breadth of skill, styles, genres
- Excellent personal, written and verbal communication
- Candidates must be fluent in English
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
- Please do your own research on top grossing mobile slots games and make sure the slots genre is within your interest
- Download MyVegas, MyKonami, Pop! Slots, Lucky Life Slots, Royal Charm Slots and review the art styles
- Interested applicants, please send your application to email@example.com with the tag [Animation] and (your name)
- The tag is important! Example: [Animation] John Doe
- Please include your portfolio link(s) and a short info about yourself and your experiences. No need for lengthy cover letters.
- During the interview process, there will be a paid art test.
- We highly appreciate your interest in the position, but due to the volume of submissions, we will reach out to those selected for the interview process. Thank you.
About the Company
Playstudios Orion division is 100% distributed, there are no physical offices, everyone is remotely scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
We like talents who can form a P.A.C.T with us
Proactive: capable self-starter and goal-oriented personality
Assertive: able to place oneself into production and offering help to others without overhead supervision
Communicative: be transparent and always updating the team on your progress or any issues encountered. Do not be afraid to speak your mind, we appreciate you!
- Transparency: open-minded, open-hearted, you speak your mind and express your emotions clearly. You don't hide information and openly share learnings and knowledge with others.
Our roles are full-time positions and are not your stereotypical boring freelance job where you engage with one manager. You will experience a brand new work methodology as you work real time with dozens of talents across the globe.